Jul 29, 2010

scrambled golf

Fore!

Only had to yell that one time last night when Wes' ball disappeared over some trees and landed who knows where. Wes and I have been golfing twice, and both times we have really enjoyed it! {surprisingly}

Last night we played scramble style, and it was pretty great. Basically we played Wes' drives and my putts. I lost 2 balls after slicing it into the woods, and I think Wes only lost one.

The evening was nice and cool. It sprinkled a few times, and I loved it. Speaking of sprinkle, as we teed up on the 8th hole all of a sudden the sprinklers came on the farway. We just stood there. Uh... what do we do? At first we thought we could play through it, but quickly realized that was a stupid idea. So we walked back to the club house and politely asked about the situation.

The old water man was a little defensive, but for once I seriously tried to be nice and understand. We aren't serious enough golfers to throw a fit, unlike the group in front of us. It paid off. We got a free round of golf. Granted it is at Cascade Golf Center {not exactly world class course} but true to my Weiler roots, not much better than getting something free. Well, free golf is better.

And for randomness sake, here is a pic from Wes' mission.

4 comments:

Katie said...

i love that you were brave enough to say something about that water. we are going golfing tomorrow... hopefully we won't get interrupted by sprinklers!

Rob and Katie said...

Can't argue with free golf, but playing through the sprinklers can still be fun.

DC Diva said...

Free golf. Yep, we know where you come from.

Liz Heywood said...

I'm still waiting to hear about Extreme make over Wymount edition. I could use I few pointers in the area considering, I have accepted the inevitable and will also be moving there, on monday actually. Yup, I caved.

 
^ Scroll to Top