Oct 20, 2010

checkpoints

Wes and I are enjoying (read surviving) the busy life.

I can totally buy the whole "joy in the journey thing" but sometimes you just have to live in a series of checkpoints. It is the mentality that settles in towards the end of a journey.

Today marks half way through the semester. We have both had our moments of feeling completely overwhelmed with school, work and callings. Luckily, our moments don't usually overlap, so the other person is available to say "toughen up and get your homework done."

As of today I have 43 days left at Teacher Education. I've been at this job since my first day of school as a freshman. I figure I've logged roughly 1,000 days at this desk.

The next large checkpoint is student teaching. I should be getting my placement assignment any day. Then there is the Praxis test in January and then the ultimate check of all checkpoints, graduation!

Will I miss my job? Did you when you left your part-time dead end job? Don't hate this place, but sure don't love it right now. I think I'll go make a paper chain with 43 links.


4 comments:

Sarah said...

hahaha love it! my experience is that there will be days you miss it but there will be many more days that you dont.

Liz Heywood said...

Love being almost done with school!
Here is our new blog address. Dave and I have both given up on our old personal blogs. We think this one will be better. hope to see you and Wes Soon! Come swing by sometime!

http://theheywoods.tumblr.com/

Rachel Weiler said...

I hope that you will at least miss one aspect of Teacher Education...and I mean being able to wipe barf off of a paper for a certain professor. :) I'll miss you.

becky bunnell said...

ha ha. placement, student teaching, and the praxis. Good times, good times. NOT!!! I'm so glad i'm over all that - expcept that i still need to pass the praxis but hey maybe we can take it together. Good luck.

 
^ Scroll to Top