Jan 4, 2011

Christmas was fun. Provo is the same.

I can't believe the break is already over. I also can't believe that today is the first day of a new semester and I did not buy any books, am no longer working at Teacher Ed and did not have to print out a schedule and wander the halls locating classrooms.

But before I start highlighting the present, I'll briefly recap the past 2 weeks.

Wes and I had our first Christmas morning here in Provo. I had no idea how excited I would be about it all, but I woke up at 6:00am and convinced Wes it was a reasonable time to start opening presents. (I actually tried to get him to open presents on Christmas Eve. He said no.)

I found a little sparkly surprise in my stocking, some diamond earrings! I also received lots of cute clothes for student teaching. Wes is great at picking up my hints...

We headed to SLC for the Christmas Day Visiting Family Marathon. We may have to rethink this for next year. But maybe Wes will surprise me by singing Mele Kalikimaka and we'll spend Christmas in Hawaii. Maybe, at some point in the future, right Wes? We visited several homes and our family spoiled us left and right.

Some notable moments:

Kirk received sky-diving gift certificate from fam. We're tying to help him get that bucket list whittled down. He's also working on the will, so if he dies during sky-diving, at least everything is divided. We get Caroline!

Uncle Scott plays "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" on trumpet (an unexpected addition to the program, way to spice things up!)

Wes skis for the first time! We went to Alta for the Ski Free After 3 deal, but we also didn't know it was the Ski Free and Freeze Something Off deal. Caroline and Rachel accompanied us, but none of us lasted very long. I think we were all crying in pain as our toes and fingers thawed in the car. Wes got jipped, which means we will be taking another skiing trip soon. He did great by the way! Only fell one time and it was because Rachel led him into the pit of doom and powder, which he was not prepared for.

Rebecca and Janeel beat Clayton and Wes at pictionary. Monumental.

Caroline gets her wisdom teeth out. Oh goodness. The stories are just too funny.

Tomorrow is my first official day in Spanish Fork High School. I've already scoped the paraphernalia and know which sweatshirt I'm going to be purchasing. I know, I've got all the critical bases covered.

The public schools are still finishing up last semester, so I'll observe and help this week and part of next. When their new semester starts, I'll be in charge. Can't wait for the stories that come from teaching a high school health class.

5 comments:

Katie said...

how fun! i can't wait for the stories!

DC Diva said...

Scott play You're a Mean One, Mr Grinch?????? How has NO ONE in my family mentioned this to me. Man, the things I miss out on.

Pictures of the earrings please. If they're the ones I wanted and didn't get I'll die of jealousy. ;)

I love that your dad is going sky diving. He should take mine.

becky bunnell said...

Can't wait for the student teaching stories. One hint: Wear clothes that you can't see sweat in. I definitely made a big mistake there.

Rachel Weiler said...

Wes should have been his own person and decided for himself where to go. I didn't even know he was following me...

Good luck at school! I'll have to come visit sometime. Help you decorate your room remember?

Erika said...

Of course I'm going to stalk your blog! I like being in other people's business.

My sister taught for awhile. The sweat thing is totally true. I forgot about that until Becky mentioned it. Have fun! And did I know you like the color orange? I think we had that conversation once. It was one of my wedding colors. LOVE that color! Yet another thing we totally hot EMTs have in common. :)

 
^ Scroll to Top