Apr 27, 2010

brevity

The good news is I found some time and motivation to update the blog.

The bad news I don't even know where to begin.

Our friends and family have shown us the love with showers. We have been literally showered with quilts, kitchen utensils, baking pans, bowls, table and chairs, grapefruit spoons... you name it. Shout out to Wendy "the gift giver," for giving a gift even when she lives across the country. Dedication. I explained to the other cousins not to be jealous, but Wendy and I, we do have a special bond.

Wes and I finished up finals. It was... better than expected. Wes and I will be working AMAS (as much as possible) this spring summer. Did you know we work in the same building? Convenient. I'm taking a few athletic training classes to finish up my minor and we'll let you know how Wes fairs with his first experience doing a 40 hour week.

Everyone is asking me if I am nervous about getting married. Am I supposed to be?! Well, yes. All this asking is making me nervous something is wrong with me, because I am totally at peace with the events of the next 2 weeks. Although, I'm not sure my mom will refer to the next 2 weeks as "peace."

Random wonder: What did you do in the last weeks/days before you got married? Any highlights I'm missing out on?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

you know what i did the last two weeks. finals, graduation, family, chilled with the girls and freaked out a bit haha. not too exciting or inspiring. you're a rock though!

lauren said...

seriously, everyone kept asking me if i was nervous and i was like, "why? what? should i be?!!" people are weird. you shouldn't be nervous- it's wonderful! i'm way excited for you!

Rob and Katie said...

Why should you be nervous?
You wake up in the morning... he's there. You go home at night.... he's there. Every day for the rest of your life.
And what if you want to go out after work? No no. Because that's dinner time. And you know what you do at dinner time? You talk about your day! How was your day? What did you do today? Was it a good day, or a bad day?
Take it from Cosmo Kramer. Marriage.... is prison. Turn in all your valuables, missy. Your sentence begins in two weeks. Do yourself a favor and play nice with the warden.

DC Diva said...

I only wish I could be there for the actual wedding next week (and for the shower... and all the fun in between...) I HATE missing this family stuff!

My advice: plan a REAL honeymoon (not to G&G St. George condo).

I love you Rebecca! I have a BEAUTIFUL wedding day!

Bullock said...

the night before my sisters helped me unpack and organize and pack for cali etc. brent went bowling with brothers on both sides.

have i asked you if you're nervous?

it's ok you aren't nervous. i wasn't really. until we got to the temple. we had to wait a little before the ceremony and i was freakin. brent said i almost squoze his hand of. not nervous cause it was a bad change. but cause it was a BIG change. anyway. i'm rambling. hope today was good, you know what i mean.

 
^ Scroll to Top