Dec 6, 2010

better than previous post

Best news ever. I have finally been placed for student teaching. I'll be spending the next semester in a sophomore health class at...... drumroll......


I'm pretty stoked about this placement. It is only 20 minutes from our apartment and I can get back in time for my internship at Provo High School in the evenings.

The Spanish Fork Dons. What is a Don?

1. Don also (dn) Abbr. D. Used as a courtesy title before the name of a man in a Spanish-speaking area.
2. Chiefly British
a. A head, tutor, or fellow at a college of Oxford or Cambridge.
b. A college or university professor.
3. The leader of an organized-crime family.
4. Archaic An important personage.

Ok. The mascot is lame. But I'm choosing to overlook that right now. It will be awesome.

More good news. We got our first Christmas tree up this week. We had such a fun time picking out the perfect tree at Lowe's. Wes did a great just lashing it to the top of the Versa. Just like my dad.

We decorated with some cheap ribbon and simple ball ornaments we also picked up from Lowe's. But those were mainly just to accent the cute snowmen ornaments I received from my mom. She has been giving us a new glass snowman ornament every year for as long as I can remember. I probably have 10 or 12 ornaments from this tradition and I love them!





(Found this little gift hidden on the back of the tree! Good things come in small packages!)


Gifts starting to appear underneath the tree!


Oh, and angry professor man came up to me and apologized before my gym class today. I told him no worries and I'd send him a bill for new shoes. Just kidding.

4 comments:

Katie said...

i LOVE it!

becky bunnell said...

CUTE!! I want to be married! COngrats on the placement. Sophomores are...fun. No, you'll be great. keep me posted.

And I loved the last bit. ha ha.

Rachel Weiler said...

Cool stuff. Your tree looks nice. I'll have to come look at it sometime. Maybe around dinner time?

Kidding.

But really.

Joanna said...

I was a SF Don. Don't knock it till you've tried it. It's great, there's a man that dresses like Zorro for all the games! haha! But really, I hope you love it there. Get ready for some hicks. I'm glad to hear things are going well in your life. Congratulations on student teaching! good luck! you'll do great!

 
^ Scroll to Top